What is it?
ConverStory is an Android exclusive app that is a conversation visualizer and hands-free voice activated image search engine using speech recognition and image search technologies to convert spoken words into images and real-time captions. These images can then be shared, saved or even set as the device’s wallpaper from within the app. When no nouns are detected after a specified amount of time (30 seconds by default) a slideshow of beautiful photographs commences. These images are certified Public Domain and Royalty-Free. ConverStory can also be cast to any Chromecast enabled TV or device.
Internet Connection Requirement
ConverStory requires an internet connection. The app only runs over a WiFi connection by default. To use cellular data, select Enable Data in ConverStory Settings. Consult your cellular provider for more information on data charges.
Once you have launched ConverStory with an active internet connection, simply start speaking. Your words display as captions at the bottom of your screen. Images then display on a regular basis for words it recognizes, mainly proper nouns, such as people, places and things. Here is a list of proper nouns to give you an idea of the type of words that commonly return good images. Images can display in portrait or landscape mode by tilting your phone in either direction. To stop on a particular image, touch the screen and press the pause button. You can then swipe right to go back to previously displayed images. To resume press the play button.
To save an image when you are paused on one, simply click on the Save icon (disk) at the bottom of the screen. Here you can save it to the ConverStory folder on your phone or set it as your wallpaper.
To share an image when you are paused on one, simply click on the share icon on the bottom task bar. Here you can share it with any of the applicable apps on your phone.
An incredible amount of time and effort has gone into creating ConverStory. If you are enjoying it or find it useful, please show your support by sharing the app by clicking the “Share App” icon at the top right of the screen.
HD Image Slideshow
Hundreds of beautiful images display in a slideshow when no recognized nouns are detected. There is a 30 second default delay time for the slideshow to start. This delay can be adjusted in Settings. There is also an accompanying clock that displays the current local time. This can be toggled on or off in Settings.
ConverStory can cast to any Chromecast enabled device in full HD. Press the Chromecast icon in the top right of the app when in portrait mode and select the device you would like to cast to. Please ensure you are on the correct source input on your Chromecast enabled device. If no Chromecast icon is visible you are likely not on the same WiFi network as your Chromecast enabled device or are using cellular data. If you’re having problems getting Chromecast to work, try restarting your phone and/or Chromecast enabled device. For more information regarding Chromecast, please visit the Chromecast Support Page
Tap the gear icon to access ConverStory Settings. You can adjust the following:
- Upgrade to Remove Ads – Click here to pay a nominal fee to permanently remove intermittent ads that are displayed between images.
- Safe Search – Toggle Safe Search on/off (on by default)
- Phrase – When enabled (default), the app will listen for more than a single word to display an image.
- Keep up – When enabled (default), the app will try to keep up with the speakers. When disabled, images will also display for words spoken in the past.
- Continuous Listen – When enabled, the app will process the user’s speech for image results when they pause or stop speaking. When disabled (default), the app will process the user’s speech for image results every few seconds as specified by the Listen Duration slider.
- Caption – When enabled (default), captions of words spoken display along the bottom of the screen.
- Rotation Delay – Specifies the approximate length of time between images displayed (3 seconds is default)
- Enable Data – Disabled by default. WiFi is always used if detected. Enable Data to use your devices cellular data to access the internet. Data charges may apply. Please consult your cellular provider for more information.
- Slideshow Delay – Specifies the amount of time of dead air (no spoken words recognized) before the image slideshow commences (30 seconds is default).
- Slideshow Clock – Enables or disables the local time when the slideshow is playing.
Have fun and stay tuned for more features coming soon!